Get fit on the water
- Build core strength and aerobic stamina
- Enjoy an outdoors water sport
- Be part of a competitive club
- Fitness testing to measure where you’re at, set goals and work towards achieving them
- Race at regattas in NSW and the Australian Championships
- Meet new people and make great new friends
- Social events throughout the season
- Pub nights after training
- Race in social regattas
- March in our Mardi Gras float
Different Strokes prides itself on being an inclusive sports club. We train and compete in a way that positively welcomes everyone regardless of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, and ability. We allow you to bring your full self, participate in dragon boating, and contribute to the sport.
We are a Sydney-based dragon boat club formed in 2008, with the aim of providing a social and fitness-focused sporting outlet for the LGBTQI+ community, as well as their friends, family and supporters. We recognise that not all people identify as a man or a woman.
Our club’s strongest asset is our team spirit. We paddle with a collective determination to challenge stereotypes with our successes, showcase diversity by increasing our visibility, and spark positive change through our actions.
Where we train
17 Bank St Pyrmont, NSW
Near the corner of Quarry Masters Drive,
underneath the ANZAC bridge.
Check our Club Calendar to see when we are next training.
Training times are:
Have any questions about our club, dragon boating, or training?